Kids Need to Exercise everyday
Kids Need Exercise
Exercise for kids means playing and being physically active. Kids exercise when they play in the gym, at the playground, at sports practice, while riding bikes, or when playing tag.
Benefits of Exercise for both typical and special needs kids
Kids who are active will:
- have stronger muscles and bones
- have a leaner body
- be less likely to become overweight
- decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- lower blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels
- have a better outlook on life
Watch for the Three Elements of Fitness
- Endurance - when a kid runs away from other kids playing tag.
- Strength - when a kid crosses the monkey bars.
- Flexibility - when a kid bends down to tie their shoes.
Always encourage kids to work on all three elements when they are out playing.
This article was brought to you by Ignite the Senses Gym.